After canvassing exhibitors, organizers announced August 20 to continue with Asia Fruit Logistica 2019 on September 4-6 as planned, with Asiafruit Congress on September 3.
The decision is based on a representative majority opinion of exhibitors. "We aimed for a well-founded and speedy decision after raising the question to all primary exhibitors and collecting feedback from as many exhibitors as possible over the past 72 hours," said the organization.
The situation in Hong Kong continues to be challenging and developments are very hard to foresee.
The forecast on visitor attendance is based on pre-show sales, indicating an attendance of 80 per cent of last year’s levels. However, 15 per cent of visitors usually purchase their tickets onsite.
Ten things to do to be as safe as possible in Hong Kong:
1. Pay close attention to flight information (both inbound and outbound flights),
2. Exercise increased caution,
3. Avoid large public gatherings,
4. Inform yourself about local traffic situation as possible temporary road closures and disruptions on public transport may happen,
5. Hence follow the advice of local authorities,
6. Monitor local media,
7. Don’t wear black or white shirts,
8. Keep your passport with you,
9. Make hotel arrangements near the AsiaWorld Expo Centre
10. Follow Asia Fruit Logistica updates on the website and social media channels.
Source: Asia Fruit Logistica August 20, 2019 website posting